Job Title: (Position Filled) Bar & Valet Manager
Salary: £35K - £37K + Benefits & Tips
To manage the seamless running of the 5 star F&B service by providing a highly efficient and effective service to members and their guests to the exceptional standards required by the Company.
Objectives & Goals
- To be fully conversant with the liquor licensing laws, ensuring that the licensing laws are adhered to at all times within the beverage areas.
- To achieve and maintain the highest standard of customer service by ensuring that all staff in the department communicate with members and their guests in a manner which befits the brand standards of service excellence
- Ensure adequate knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures and ensure compliance by all staff within the department.
- Ensure all staff maintain the highest standards of grooming, adhere to the company dress code and present a professional company image at all times.
- Achieve and maintain a high level of teamwork throughout the department.
- Ensure that all staff are cross trained and skilled to work in each of the service areas.
- Complete rotas and any other company paperwork as and when required, ensuring it is done accurately and within timescales.
- Supervise and assist with the service of hot and cold beverages and light refreshments ensuring company standards are met in terms of presentation, cleanliness and service.
- Always be aware of members needs and if required liaise with Customer Relations regarding special attention of certain members.
- Comply strictly with billing, accounting and control procedures as required by the company in particular opening and closing procedures, profitability, Security of cash and stock, stock control and deliveries
- To ensure awareness of licensing laws and that such are being adhered to at all times.
- Identify operational problems and report them to the CEO with suggestions for solutions.
- Attend Food & Beverage meetings and Head of Department meetings on a regular basis.
- Ensure all staff are fully trained and have a comprehensive knowledge of the drinks list and bar menu and maintain the preparation, presentation and service of all cocktails and drinks to Company standards.
- All staff are trained sufficiently in the creation of cocktail recipes and have the knowledge and skills to create and prepare mixed drinks.
- To have a full working knowledge of the F&B computer system in use and to ensure that all staff are trained to operate it.
- Produce written appraisals of the performance of staff.
- Identify training needs.
- Train new staff to ensure maximum efficiency and excellent customer service.
- To promote, deliver and support cocktail master’ classes.
- Carry out day to day coaching of all staff as and when required.
- Deliver department inductions to new staff in department.
- Achieve and maintain the highest standards of customer
- Know and address members by name, where appropriate.
- Create and ensure the maintenance of a warm and welcoming environment.
- Actively assess customer service needs and respond appropriately.
- Clear understanding of members and guest’s preferences and ensure these are met by you and the bar staff.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that you are familiar with the Company Health & Safety policy and understand your responsibilities outlined and in line with this policy.
- Ensure that all staff within your department receive and are fully trained to undertake their duties and where appropriate records are kept.
- Attendance of Health & Safety Committee Meetings where required
- To maintain a high member awareness by approaching your job with the customers always
- in mind.
- To be motivated and committed to your personal development, approaching all tasks with
- enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your personal performance.
- To maintain a high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of the department and business goals.
- To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues within the department, always clearly communicating with both members and colleagues.
- To ensure that the bar operates to the highest standards of efficiency and courtesy at all times.
To discover more contact Steven Jackson on email@example.com