Job Title: (Position Filled) Audit & Assurance Manager
Salary: £50K - £60K
- To provide independent assurance to the Chief Executive that the organisation’s risk management, governance and control processes are working effectively.
- The Audit and Assurance Manager will monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed and if internal processes are being followed by operational staff.
Key Areas of Work
- The Audit and Assurance Manager will be responsible for overseeing operational controls and processes and their implementation, throughout the departments of Business.
- Reporting to the Chief Executive he/she will pro-actively act in a co-ordinating/guidance capacity to all departmental managers.
- The Audit and Assurance Manager will maintain awareness of good practise in relation to quality assurance as and ensure awareness of all relevant legislation, policies and procedures as related to the casino industry.
Audit and assurance
- Perform risk assessments of key business activities and use this information to develop an audit programme for the company
- Investigation of all irregularities which may threaten the integrity of operation.
- Ensure timely notification and reporting to the Chief Executive
- Advise the Chief Executive on how to improve corporate systems and processes
- Planning and performing internal audits as may be agreed with the Chief Executive
- Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls/processes
- Assessing how well the business is complying with its processes and procedures and informing management of issues which may need to be addressed
- Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to the Chief Executive and senior management team
- Work with managers in reviewing and updating processes
- Maintain and analyse issues arising from the company’s risk management system
- Maintain and analyse issues arising from a log of customer comments and complaints
- Supporting as appropriate, the collation and maintenance of evidence needed to effectively underpin a successful application for recognised status
- Maintaining up to date evidence sources which demonstrate performance to the regulator’s General Conditions of Recognition and any other standards/criteria that may apply from time to time
- Ensure timely reports to the Chief Executive on relevant issues and especially those which need to be communicated to the regulator
Liaison and Communication
- Positive and supportive wherever appropriate, communication with all managers and staff
- Working with the Chief Executive, communicate, liaise and enhance relationships with stakeholders including the regulator
- Engage and brief investigation teams when required and ensure accurate, meaningful reports prepared within previously agreed timescales
- Prepare and disseminate regular updates on audit and assurance matters, issues for all staff and associates
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Compliance Director and team
- Undertake other tasks as reasonably requested by the Chief Executive
- Provides a customer focused service
- Communicates with influence and Strong interpersonal skills
- High levels of integrity and independence
- Works with others to achieve goals
- Delivers goals in a changing environment
- Takes a creative and innovative approach to work
- High level organisation skills with commensurate attention to detail
- Demonstrable analytical and monitoring skills
- Be self-motivated with a proactive nature
- Organisational skills;
- Attention to detail; flexible approach
Project management experience
Education, Qualifications & Training
- UK graduate or equivalent
- IIA Certificate in Internal Audit and Business Risk.
Experience in Audit and Analysis Activity
- IT Literacy
- Competent in MS Word & Excel
To discover more contact Steven Jackson on email@example.com