Job Title: (Position Filled) Head Cashier - Casino
Salary: £35K - £40K
- A leading Casino Operator is seeking a talented and capable Head Cashier to Manage their Casino Cash Desk operation.
Job Purpose Statement:
- The Head Cashier is accountable for providing leadership for the Cash Desk and Count Teams.
- For the Cash Desk Team, the focus of the role is to achieve exceptional customer service whilst maintaining high standards of compliance to legislation (including but not limited to AML, RG and Premises licence conditions) and company policy, minimising procedural and financial errors within the department.
- For the Count Team the focus of the role is to achieve accurate count processes, minimising cost through the management of count processes and maximising efficiencies within the department.
- Ensure that customers enjoy a positive cash desk experience through meeting service standards.
- Is a visible, positive, approachable and consistent leader;
- Enforces a culture of department team members being positive, approachable, proactive ambassadors of customer service;
- Ensures that the teams meet expectations in relation to customer service standards;
- Is an influencer and driver for positive customer satisfaction levels;
- Consistently assesses the quality of the service being provided by department;
- Accountable for the resolution of customer driven complaints for department;
- Overall accountability for the practical organisation of the day to day cash desk and count room operation;
- Leads by example with positive working relationships with third party suppliers;
- Acutely manages and reduces risk to the Business; Licenses; Staff and Customers;
- Provides support for Cashiers and a first level point of contact for customers
Cash Desk Area Responsibilities
- Ensures that the Cash Desk and Count Room standards are consistent with business expectation.
- Fully accountable for department understanding of operating license conditions; Gaming license entry conditions; liquor license conditions; SIA licensing conditions;
- Assumes full responsibility for the operation of cash desk and count room area;
- Responsible for cash desk and count room integrity;
- Accountable for results monitoring and reporting in line with Company procedures;
- Accountable for cash desk and count room standards and team performance to ensure that integrity is maintained, and risk is minimised;
- Responsible for player rating when buy in/cash out occurs to ensure that data is collected accurately and in line with Company procedures;
- Ensures cash desk security is maintained through managing; dealing with and reporting suspicious, aggressive and major buy in/cash out activity in a timely and efficient manner;
- Demonstrates knowledge of rules, processes and cash desk equipment functionality;
- Oversees that schedules for the department meet the needs of business;
- Full accountability for labour management within the department;
- Fosters and demonstrates a communication style that is conducive to a positive employee satisfaction environment;
- Responsible for the production, submission and review of department business strategy document;
- Accountable for department budget;
- Focus on minimising cashier and count team errors and providing error resolution where necessary
- Accountable for count schedules and management of cash within the casino
Teamwork & People Management
- Fosters a professional and ethical working culture applied appropriately across a diverse workforce and customer base.
- Fosters an open-door policy and a transparent communication style;
- Accountable for all assigned department employees and an ability to assess; analyse and communicate on individual performance and development requirements;
- Supports and aids in the professional development of the assigned department personnel;
- Ensures a culture of consistent, honest and fair performance assessments;
- Focused on ensuring a positive employee satisfaction level within the department;
- Leads or facilitates regular department meetings;
- Focused on creating an internal talent pool of successors;
- Leads by example in expected professional behaviours and personal presentation;
- Supports the productivity of the team through the understanding; facilitation and compliance to the HR tools available;
- Shows ability and the integrity to work without direct supervision.
- Minimise risk to business and self by ensuring operations are carried out in accordance with legislative regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that audits completed within the department are compliant;
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment is used by trained and qualified personnel;
- Accountable for ensuring regular risk assessments occur with the generation of appropriate paperwork;
- Daily demonstrates legislative compliance, adherence to and knowledge of:
- Operating License conditions, SIA license conditions, Liquor License conditions, IMP best practice, Protection of the young and the vulnerable, Responsible Gaming, Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Money Lending and Data Protection.
- A minimum of 5 years Supervisory/management experience in a Casino cash desk environment
- Valid PML holder
- Sound understanding of the Gambling Act 2005
- Knowledge of Licence Conditions and Codes of Practice
- Knowledge of planning, forecasting, budgeting and financial processes such as cost control
- Excellent grasp of customer services principles with a flair for the execution of initiatives
- Solid understanding of leadership and management practices
- Data Protection Act Understanding
- Customer Focused
- Ability to manage diversity through displaying leadership qualities
- Technical knowledge of cash desk product and offering
- Confident in making commercial business beneficial decisions
- Leads by example in delivery of exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- People development skills
- Ability for independent working in a fast paced, high volume environment
To discover more contact Steven Jackson on email@example.com