Job Title: (Position Filled) Customer Verification and Compliance Officer
Salary: £44K - £49K
Objective of Role
- The primary responsibility of this role is to perform AML/KYC due diligence on new and existing members, financial crime investigations and undertake other related compliance related activity, to help the company secure compliance with relevant law and regulation.
- Undertaking timely, efficient and accurate DD checks of new and existing members, ensuring decisions are fully reasoned and that all supporting documents are maintained
- Ensuring that DD cases are reviewed within agreed time lines and adhere to strict quality guidelines
- Performing ongoing monitoring of the company’s customer base, including PEP, Sanction and Negative Media screening and analysing the results to eliminate or confirm matches
- Overseeing the customer screening programme, addressing potential “matches”, providing clear recommendations as to when a customer’s membership should be terminated
- Providing accurate input and maintenance of key data which underpins DD, such as legal entity name, address/contact details, type of business in relation to legal entity type, any linked parties to transactions etc.
- Preparing robust KYC and Player Protection management information for to the management team/Board
- Communicating professionally and confidently with stakeholders including operational colleagues, gaming managers, cash desk and customer relations
- Helping to ensure that the work of the KYC team is in line with relevant law/regulation, guidance and best practice
Social Responsibility/Player Protection
- Working as part of the compliance programme, to monitor customers and identify those who may be vulnerable
- Raising concerns about relevant customers early, so that the appropriate remedial action may be taken in line with the social responsibility programme
- Undertaking audit activity to assess adherence to agreed compliance policies and procedures
- Participating in ad hoc and project work as required e.g. remediation projects, process enhancements etc.
- At least 2 years proven experience of undertaking KYC analysis
- Proven experience of undertaking financial crime investigations including, the reporting of SAR’s
- Proven knowledge of legislation including Money Laundering Regulations, POCA, the Terrorism Act etc.
- Understanding of key KYC inputs including company balance sheets, financials, annual returns etc.
- IT literate, confident in using MS Office, in particular Excel and SharePoint
- AML Certification (completed or in progress) desirable.
- Keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Able to manage a demanding workload, competing deadliness and to appropriately prioritise urgent work based on regulatory/operational needs
- Excellent analytical and risk assessment skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic
- Able to interact with stakeholders at all levels in a professional, service-orientated manner; and to be an ambassador for the compliance programme
To discover more contact Steven Jackson on email@example.com