Job Title: (Position Filled) Head Driver
Salary: £30K + Bonus + Benefits
- To be responsible for the management of the Car Jockey team to ensure that it operates to the highest standards of efficiency and courtesy in respect of members and their guests.
- This job profile is not exhaustive and therefore the job holder may be required to perform such other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Objectives & Goals
- To achieve and maintain the highest standard of customer service by ensuring that all car jockeys communicate with members and their guests in a manner which befits brand standards of service excellence.
- Ensure that all information given to the car jockey team by the Head Driver is timely and accurate.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures and ensure compliance by all staff within the department.
- Ensure the car jockey team adheres to the Company dress code and presents a professional Company image.
- Ensure that the cars, both interior and exterior, are at all times kept clean and repairs are reported and actioned without any delay.
- Ensure that the club entrance and immediate surrounding area is kept clean, tidy and clear from obstructions.
- Undertake the duties of Car Jockey and Doorperson as required.
- Ensure that shifts are adequately covered at all times.
- Ensure that there is always one doorperson/car jockey standing at the front door of the Club at all times.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for car jockeys with assistance from the Human Resources Department as required.
- Complete rotas and any other company paperwork as and when required, ensuring it is done accurately and within timescales.
- Produce written appraisals of the performance of the car jockey staff
- Ensure daily department/car checks are completed and logged in an efficient manner.
- Provide appropriate paperwork to relevant Head Office personnel relating to any Payment of Penalty Charges and/or alleged traffic contraventions.
- Keep accurate records in line with Transport for London (TfL) Private Hire Vehicle License requirements (e.g. maintain driver, vehicle and booking records, ensure record of licences is up-to-date, etc)
- Identify training needs and put forward training recommendations
- Train new staff to ensure maximum efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Carry out day to day coaching of all car jockeys as and when required.
- Managing Employee Relations
- Give clear and concise direction to staff on the company’s expected standards of conduct and performance.
Health & Safety
- Ensure you are aware of your responsibilities with regards to Health & Safety and Emergency Procedures for the department.
- Report all accidents immediately in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure effective communication and working relationships are achieved and maintained
- between the front door and reception area/staff, and with management and other departments.
- Know and address members by name ensuring a polite, friendly and appropriate welcome.
- Ensure rotas are prepared on time with at least two weeks’ notice and within budget.
- Vacancies are filled on time and within budget.
- Ensure holiday cover is given fairly to prevent staff shortages and does not impact negatively on operational performance.
- Payroll documentation is clear, concise and accurate and submitted on a weekly basis or as required by the HR Department.
- Appraisals for departmental staff are diarised and adequate time scheduled for each staff member to ensure effectiveness.
- To hold records of renewal dates for driver PHV/PCO and SIA Licences and ensure staff are reminded with two months’ notice to ensure renewal is complete before expiry of current licence.
- To maintain PHV/PCO files in line with direction from the Compliance Director
- Maintain a fleet calendar to plan individual vehicle servicing, maintenance, MOTs and Annual TfL PHV License inspections
- Updating departmental SOPs as required
- Department Induction is delivered to new employees within first week of commencement and within agreed guidelines.
- Training relates to development of employee in the role and is within budget.
- Employees conduct and performance is at all times exemplary.
- Employee Relation matters/issues are dealt with in line with company standard and legal obligations and are recorded accurately.
Health & Safety
- Keep up-to-date on Health & Safety Regulations and implement changes as required.
- To ensure team are fully aware of fire, bomb and evacuation procedures for department.
- To maintain a high member awareness by approaching your job with the customers always in mind.
- To maintain a high level of teamwork by showing co-operation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of the department and business goals.
- To have a positive impact, taking personal responsibility and initiative to resolve issues within the department, always clearly communicating with both members and colleagues.
To discover more contact Steven Jackson on firstname.lastname@example.org