Job Title: (Position Filled) Accounts Assistant
Salary: £32K + Bonus + Benefits
To assist and support the Financial Director and accounts department with the production of accurate and timely accounts information to set deadlines to the standard required by the Company.
Objectives & Goals
- To carry out your duties to the highest standards of efficiency in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- To achieve and maintain a good working knowledge of the PS Financial Accounting System.
- To ensure all department deadlines are met each period end.
- To ensure effective communication is achieved and maintained by you and with management and other departments and with external suppliers/customers.
- Preparation and distribution of the Results Reports.
- Responsibility for managing and organizing the processing the daily banking which extends to transactions and company expense items.
- Analysis the company’s current cash position while preparing a daily cash flow with consideration to all gaming transactions and company expenses.
- Analysis of foreign currency bank accounts level with awareness to foreign currency market position and forecasted movements
- Responsibility and ownership for the preparation of the month end management accounts pack to be reviewed by the financial director including profit and loss account, balance sheet, gaming statistics, cash flow and debtor’s analysis.
- Posting of various journals into Accounting System.
- Production of departmental reports showing gross profit margins, overheads, debtors, etc.
- Maintenance of fixed assets registers.
- Manage company expenses for management extending to company credit cards, expense forms, etc.
- Management of company fleet cars expenses extending to London congestion charge, fine recharges, etc.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet items including bank accounts, inter-company accounts, contra accounts, internal management system to the accounting system, stock levels, aged debtors, aged creditors
- Support of accounts payable, review of Aged Creditors report and analysis suppler levels.
- Preparation and communication to related companies for debtors and creditors balances and the resolving of any issues as and when required
- Analysing department’s performances considering gross profit percentages, revenues, costs of sales, seasonal trends and other influential factors for reporting to relating directors.
- Analysing and assess stock levels and movements with consideration of affects from expenses, seasonal trends, gross profit influences.
- Reconciliation of payroll spending for end of year audit purposes
- Production of board report pack to be reviewed by financial director, including all management information remodelled into quarterly accounts.
- Production of quarterly returns for financial director
- Assisting with the financial director regarding production of budgets.
- Preparation of statutory year end accounts to be reviewed by the financial director.
- Manage and co-ordinate year end external audit regarding statutory year end accounts
- Reconcile accounts upon year end closer including fixed assets, aged creditors, debtors, etc
- Ensuring company accounting methods are adhered to.
- Managing financial issues as and when they occur.
- Identifying and reporting operational problems.
To discover more contact Steven Jackson on email@example.com